Saturday, 9 March 2013
Excited and eager, i write this post from the hotel lobby i am staying at over night. We arrived in Montreal earlier this Saturday evening as we finally leave for the Dominican Republic tomorrow morning at nine. After two stressful weeks of school filled with assignments and quizzes i could not be more thankful to be escaping for a whole week where my only worry will be if i applied enough sun screen or not. This next week is going to be everything i look forward to feeling on vacation; relaxed, blessed and just feeling care free. I love everything about what the next week has to offer. I love waking up at an absurd time in the morning to catch my flight where it`s so early that the streets and highways are only being lit by the dim lighting the street lamps offer as opposed to the bright red lights from the speeding cars. I love arriving at the airport because that is when the whole reality of the trip sets in and i love walking down the long narrow plane aisle and finally spotting my seat (preferably a window seat ofcourse). I love finally taking off and leaving my city and worries behind for one week straight. Evidently I could write a post on why i love the pre-vacation excitement so passionately but what i really look forward to is knowing that in just 24 hours i will be lying on the beach with two of my best friends and our wild, fun loving mothers. I happen to have an amazing group of friends and an even more amazing mother who planned this March break get-away for all of us. So far we are only seven hours into our trip and it has already been filled with laughter and good times, just a preview of what is more to come later on. I can`t express how amazing it feels knowing that i will be going to sleep in a whole new country tomorrow night. A country with no snow, just infinte amounts of sand, warm weather, a salty ocean, unlimited amounts of food and a country that provides a great vacation. Most importantly this trip is providing me with the opportunity to make new memories and experiences, which is the ultimate reasoning behind my love for travelling. I know i will be coming home in a week with a few tan lines, sandy hair and burnt shoulders but i also look forward to coming home with new stories. Hopefully stories that i will be looking forward to being able to write about in detail, reminiscing on every aspect. With that being said it is time for me to head back to my room and hopefully get some sleep so i am more then ready to begin my much anticipated journey tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Breah, it sounds like you had a great trip. Your posts are both fast-paced and fun, but there are a few sentence problems. I love that you captured the feeling of joy, but maybe consider revising your work a month after the experience. I think it's likely too hard to notice writing errors when you're fully in the moment!
ReplyDelete